Honing The Inside Line "Haura-Ichban"
Why hone the inside of beauty shears?
- Remove burrs
- Strengthens the cutting edge
- Silky smooth feel
- Makes shears quiet
This honing process removes the burr from the blades and creates a lined inside edge "Haura-Ichban" which strengthens the cutting edge. You lay the blade flat on the honing block turning the blade slightly to compensate for the curve "set" of the blade. A Japanese water or ceramic stone may be used for this process but you must apply heavy pressure to keep the blades flat against the stone (because of the curve "set" of the blades). This two step process of de-burring and finishing makes the shears silky smooth and quiet.
- contains two blocks, 3 deburr and 3 finishing papers
- contains both the OOKAMI GOLD® and Professional Twice As Sharp® sharpening systems so that you can sharpen all scissors and shears (one motor included).
- contains everything in the OOKAMI GOLD® complete kit except Professional Twice As Sharp®.
- OOKAMI GOLD® without speciality tools and Professional Twice As Sharp®.
- OOKAMI GOLD® upgrade kit to install on your Twice As Sharp®.