With Wolff’s Scissors Tester You Can:
- Test the sharpness of your shears.
- Track longevity and edge wear.
- Reduce repetitive motion injuries.
- Use as a training tool to enhance the skills of in-house sharpeners.
- Certify the quality of your scissors sharpening
- Measure the cutting pressure the full length of the blade from pivot to tip
- Plots cutting pressure on graph comparing to standards
- Test material simulates cutting through 1 1/2" thickness of chicken
- Know when to sharpen your scissors
- Verify online sharpening methods to improve the cutting edge
- Data from test is saved and available for review from secure website - internet connection required
- Connects to your computers USB port
- Collect, chart, and track data to ensure the highest level of efficiency.
Certify the quality of your scissors sharpening
With the Wolff Scissors Tester you’ll be able to measure the cutting force along the full length of the blade from pivot to tip as it plots cutting pressure on a graph so you can compare each shear to a set of standards. The test material for your tester simulates cutting through 1 & 1/2″ thickness of chicken.
With this scissors testing unit you will be able to track when the best time is to sharpen your scissors, track longevity and edge wear, verify online sharpening methods to improve the cutting edge, use the unit as a training tool to enhance the skills of in-house sharpeners, reduce repetitive motion injuries, and maintain data from tests that are saved and available for review from a secure website. All that’s needed is an internet connection and your computer’s USB port.
The biggest benefits early adopters have seen are increased sharpener skills, increase in production, decrease in complains about hand strain, longer lasting shears on the line, and less requests for re-stationing because employees are aware shear sharpness can be tested.
- WST-1000, Wolff Scissors Tester
- fully assembled and electronically calibrated
- USB Cord
- Test Medium (3)-36” Rolls
- 5/32” Hex Wrench
- Wolff Scissors Tester Flash Drive
System Requirements for Software
|OS||Windows XP SP3 with .NET 4.0||Windows Vista / 7 / +|
|PROCESSOR||2.0 GHz||2.0 GHz +|
|RAM||2.0 GB||4.0 GB +|
|INTERFACE||Keyboard, Mouse, USB 2.0||Keyboard, Mouse, USB 2.0 +|
|INTERNET||Optional with use of Portable drive||Dedicated Connection|